[oe] [meta-python] Flask Dependency - "No module name pkg_resources"

Garren, Chris D. cdgarren at indesign-llc.com
Fri Nov 2 13:58:53 UTC 2018

I'm working on creating an example application using python flask. However, I'm running into an error when I actually try to run flask:

root at imx6ul-var-dart:~# flask
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/flask", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

I was able to fix it by adding ${PYTHON_PN}-distribute to the RDEPENDS_${PN} in python-flask.inc, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something that required me to do so.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Garren