[oe] multiarch for spesific recipe/task/bootefi

Knoppix theknoppix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:52:55 UTC 2018

yocto: 2.5.1/sumo
kernel=linux-yocto-4.15.18
machine=intel-corei7-64
distro=poky
image=core-image-x11

I Searched this question on google, stackoverflow but I did not find.

The machine which I want to install image, doesn’t allow bootx64 but it
works when I install x32 efi.
I checked this (I copied first bootia32.efi and then bootx64.efi) and as I
understand my machine has x64 arch but only support x32-efi.

So how is it possible to build an image which is intel-corei7-64 but has
EFI 32 bit?
Would you advice me please to *what should I read to accomplish and learn *
this?

(Excuse me for my english, I am not native. And I hope, sent this mail to
correct mail-list.)

*".. The vast majority of EFI-based x86-64 computers use 64-bit EFIs and
therefore use a bootx64.efi default boot loader file. A handful of early
Macs and some Atom-based tablets have 64-bit CPUs but 32-bit EFIs ..."
http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/principles.html
<http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/principles.html>*