[oe] libgpiod2 incorrectly depends on python3-core

Ferry Toth ftoth at telfort.nl
Fri Oct 19 08:01:51 UTC 2018

Hi

Op 18-10-18 om 17:37 schreef Khem Raj:
> Hi ferry
>
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 6:33 AM Ferry Toth <ftoth at telfort.nl> wrote:
>> On master (to be 2.6): In recipe libgpiod_1.1.1 when enabling python3
>> bindings the generated libgpiod2 package depends on python3-core. The
>> result is when needing only libgpiod-tools in initramfs the whole of
>> python3 is pulled in.
>>
> This is because of the recommendation thats added to for best out of
> box instal experience. You can always override that in your image
> recipe and that will break the rdep chain
>
> BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS += "libgpiod-python"

I am generating deb's and already receive one warning that deb's do not
support BAD_RECOMMENDATIONS. Would that work?

In the deb control file we have:

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.27), python3-core
Recommends: libgpiod-python, libgpiod-tools
Provides: libgpiod

I believe the depends is wrong as it is libgpiod-python that depends on
python3-core.

But libgpiod-python control file has only:

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.27), libgpiod2 (>= 1.1.1), libpython3.5m1.0 (>= 3.5.5)