[oe] [meta-oe] nodejs: no internationalization support

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:31:13 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:17 AM Raphael Kubo da Costa
<raphael.kubo.da.costa at intel.com> wrote:

> I originally filed
> https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded/issues/93 about this
> but was told it's probably better to discuss it on the list.
>
> The nodejs recipe currently builds node with --without-intl. That means
> there's no internationalization support. One of the consequences of that
> is is that the inspector module is not built at all.

right, it is there for size reasons. ICU is kind of large and since
debugger uses it, when we disable ICU debugger is disabled too.

I think we could make it a packageconfig and enable/disable debugger
support that way if you care to send a patch, I can look into
integrating it.