[oe] Adding support for Android.bp files

Joel Valenciano joelv1907 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 20:30:17 UTC 2019

I was thinking it would be nice if we could run Android apps on Linux,
without the performance issues that come with virtual machines.

A good solution, I think, would be to make the Android frameworks use GNU
APIs for things like system services (e.g. make Android system server wrap
around systemd), but AOSP uses it's own build system called soong. Metadata
is stored in Android.bp files, that use a JSON-like format, parsed by
another program called Blueprint.

 I think soong and bitbake work with very similar concepts, so it might be
possible to write a bitbake class that uses the soong parser to parse the
files, but builds in bitbake.