[oe] Building Linux Error

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 19:42:59 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM Ross Burton <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 10/12/2019 23:50, Khem Raj wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 12:57 PM Kamel Ghalgaoui
> > <kamelghalgaoui7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> For information, I my kernel version is 5.3.11 and I have tar version:
> 1.26
> >> $ which tar
> >> /usr/local/bin/tar
> >>

> > Interesting. I wonder if we should poison /usr/local for hosttools.
>
> Probably not a great idea, as people may be installing stuff in
> /usr/local *because* their /usr is old.

That means we are letting the default tested distro information not convey
what it means. Perhaps it’s. Better to blacklist it and then let users
enable it explicitly so they know what they are doing

Otherwise these kind of issues will always keep coming up where an tested
distro with local overrides will do unexplained stuff