[oe] DATETIME seems to be getting updated

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jan 24 09:21:35 UTC 2019

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 04:32, Muhlenkamp, Lewis
<lewis.muhlenkamp at stryker.com> wrote:
> It appears that the DATETIME variable is being updated.  From what I read this should not be happening, correct?

DATETIME is defined as follows:

DATE := "${@time.strftime('%Y%m%d',time.gmtime())}"
TIME := "${@time.strftime('%H%M%S',time.gmtime())}"
DATETIME = "${DATE}${TIME}"

So every time bitbake.conf is parsed, the datetime is updated.  This
happens once for the main process, and then again for every worker
that bitbake spawns.

You can silence the 'metadata changed' errors by using vardepsexclude
to mark it as a variable that can change (grep oe-core for examples of
using DATETIME and vardepsexclude).

Ross