[oe] OE Summit @ SCaLE 17x - Sunday March 10th 2019 - Pasadena CA

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:26:04 UTC 2019

We're excited to announce the inaugural "OpenEmbedded Summit" taking place
Sunday March 10th 2019 as part of the Southern California Linux Expo
(SCaLE) 17x at the Pasadena Convention Center.

For the past few years there's been an ever-growing OpenEmbedded event as
part of SCaLE. This year, with the missing Spring ELC, we felt it was time
to do something more "formally" so OE enthusiasts could get together
without having to wait until August.

The initial suggestion for this summit came at last year's OEDEM in
Edinburgh. At that time an idea was also floated to hold this year's OEDAM
at the same time. Just to be absolutely clear: this suggestion was
rejected; there will be no OEDAM at the OE Summit at SCaLE 17x. However,
this summit is taking place with the full approval of the OpenEmbedded
Board of Directors, many of whom have also been helping out with its
organization.

The schedule for the OE Summit has been posted:
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/schedule/sunday
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/17x/open-embedded-summit-0

So if you're in the Southern California area, or are generally interested
in hanging out with some OpenEmbedded people, please join us in Pasadena on
March 10th!

Your OE Summit organizing committee:
  Tom King
  Behan Webster