[oe] rtmpdump and GnuTLS

Florian Wickert fw at javox-solutions.com
Fri Jun 14 13:46:27 UTC 2019

The following commit changed rtmpdump to use GnuTPS instead of OpenSSL:

commit b284f2b45a9127b84460ab99f00fd13755b1af5b
Author: Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 1 23:00:08 2019 -0800

     rtmpdump: Switch to using GNU TLS instead of openssl10

Unfortunately this leads to really nasty heap corruption errors that are
hard to track.
This is a bug in rtmpdump, not in the meta layer, so this e-mail is just
a warning to people who are using rtmpdump.

I have a patch that makes rtmpdump compile against the OpenSSL 1.1 API.
If someone is interested I can post it to the mailing list.

Regards,
Florian

--
Florian Wickert, M.Sc.