[oe] Where to commit packages that depend on meta-rust: stratis

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Wed Mar 27 20:17:31 UTC 2019

Hi,

For 2.8,
if a package depends on meta-rust can it be part of meta-openembedded?

Specifically, I'd like to add stratis, a filesystem mgmt tool to
meta-filesystems.

Here's some background and my current status.

From:   https://stratis-storage.github.io/
   Stratis is a Linux local storage management tool that aims
   to enable easy use of advanced storage features such as
   thin provisioning, snapshots, and pool-based management
   and monitoring.

I have it building and running some manual tests for qemux86-64.

So where does it belong for the 2.8 development timeline.
There have been suggestions that we'd merge rust into oe-core but
I'm not sure if anyone is intending to work on that early in 2.8.

Oh and the stratis-cli depends on some python recipes so I guess
I'll have to keep them in meta-filesystems rather than meta-python
as I have them now.
--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux