[oe] Plans for ELC and ELCE

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri May 3 21:47:06 UTC 2019

For the past few years, OpenEmbedded has held developer meetings at the
LF Embedded conferences in the US and Europe. This year, since ELC is in
late August, we will skip the developer meeting at ELC. There will be a
Yocto Project day on Aug 20 before ELC.For ELCE, we are going to work
with the Yocto project on a 2 day event after ELCE (Oct 31- Nov 1).

The format of the ELC event will be more like the advanced track in
prior years, which means we will need people to speak about their
OpenEmbedded and Yocto Project work. Details later.

For ELCE there will be two days, the first day is an auditorium, and the
second day two smaller rooms. Day 1 is for talks, on Day2 we really need
some ideas of events we can have to help get developers , maintainers
and users working together. So if you have ideas, let me know and I can
feed them to people planning the event.

Hopefully these formats start to address some of the themes coming from
the last couple developer meetings and give us a chance to get more
information to the larger community.

Philip