[oe] [yocto] meta-java / openjdk-8-native spontaneously broken in warrior on CentOS7

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Fri Jan 3 22:05:34 UTC 2020

Hi Darcy,

On 1/3/20 9:43 PM, Darcy Watkins wrote:
> Happy New Year
>
> Hi,
>
> My warrior build with meta-java spontaneously broke over the holidays…

I've backported 2 patches from master to warrior on Dec 27:
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2019-December/203803.html

In there "commit d5a8ec9e269d1f04a6cf78867ebf74a297f33258" added
"-Wno-error=stringop-overflow" to BUILD and TARGET CFLAGS.

> After inspecting the config.log, it appears that
> “-Wno-error=stringop-overflow” was among the BUILD_CFLAGS.  The old GCC
> 4.8.5 provided by CentOS did not like this.  My workaround was:
>
> local.conf:
>
>     BUILD_CFLAGS_remove = “-Wno-error=stringop-overflow”
>
> I still haven’t a clue why this only shows up now when the commit that
> changed openjdk-8-release-172b11-common.inc is dated June 25, 2019
> “openjdk-8: disable stringop-overflow compiler errors”.

As you correctly mentioned GCC 4.8.5 doesn't support that flag.
AFAIK GCC 7 introduced it.

I will first revert that patch on warrior and send a fixed one (which
respects the compiler version) later on.

Thank you for that catch and your email to the ml!

regards;rl