[oe] [OE-core] python2-less meta-openembedded build results

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 19:27:47 UTC 2020

On 1/20/20 8:51 AM, Andrey Zhizhikin wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 4:52 PM Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Recently py2 is removed from oe-core, So I did quick patches to get a
>> world build going. And
>> here are initial failures, please help out with recipes your can or
>> care for. Eventually, the remaining
>> ones we can blacklist for 3.1 release.
>>
>> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/97185/
>>
>> I will post more arches as they become available. If you want to try
>> the same for machines/distros you can try yoe/mut for meta-oe
>
> I've actually asked Ross about similar failures, specifically in
> [meta-openembeeded/meta-python] where there is a good mix of Pytho2
> and Python3 still present. I've started to remove those yesterday, and
> would continue with that layer further.
>

>> https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded-contrib/log/?h=yoe/mut

All these changes are now in master and its again buildable, with or
without meta-python2, with meta-python2, its back to where it was with
everything  building however, without py2 layer we have some work to do
so if you are interested in this here [1] is initial list of failures
I will keep posting more as we go along.

[1]
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/88/builds/220/steps/8/logs/errors