[bitbake-devel] [OE-core] Layer priorities influencing default version selection

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Aug 2 14:27:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Paul Eggleton
<paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 August 2011 15:14:41 Chris Larson wrote:
>> as config/class priority is
>> determined by order of entries in BBLAYERS, whereas recipe priority is
>> determined by layer.conf.
>
> Is that a good thing though? At the moment I'm not convinced that it is.

I probably could have worded my reply better. I was pointing out the
fact that the order is determined in two places right now as being one
reason why I agreed with his statement that ordering determined by the
layer isn't ideal.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com