[bitbake-devel] [OE-core] Layer priorities influencing default version selection

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 2 14:51:38 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 02 August 2011 15:27:58 Chris Larson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Paul Eggleton
>
> <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 August 2011 15:14:41 Chris Larson wrote:
> >> as config/class priority is
> >> determined by order of entries in BBLAYERS, whereas recipe priority is
> >> determined by layer.conf.
> >
> > Is that a good thing though? At the moment I'm not convinced that it is.
>
> I probably could have worded my reply better. I was pointing out the
> fact that the order is determined in two places right now as being one
> reason why I agreed with his statement that ordering determined by the
> layer isn't ideal.

Well, all the same I'd like to have that question answered, maybe that's a
different thread.

Back to Phil's original point though, I tend to think issues with meta-oe
ought to be solved by fixing meta-oe - if some things in meta-oe are causing so
much trouble that we have to down-grade the priority of the layer in order to
squelch them, that's bad.

Cheers,
Paul

--