[bitbake-devel] PREFERRED_VERSION and wildcards

Andreas Oberritter obi at opendreambox.org
Wed Mar 14 21:34:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just tried using wildcards, like it's done for gcc, e.g.:

PREFERRED_VERSION_foo = "1.2%"

Now, if I have two foo recipes, foo_1.2.1.bb and foo_1.2.3.bb, in the
same directory, then Bitbake always chooses 1.2.1 instead of the one
with the higher version number. Does bitbake always choose the first
matching version it can find? Is this a general limitation of wildcards,
or is this a problem that can get corrected? I'd expect it to choose the
highest matching version.

Regards,
Andreas