[bitbake-devel] Using bitbake with older kernel revisions

Greg Perry gregperry999 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:38:08 UTC 2012

Hello,

Hopefully this is the right mailing list to ask this question, if not I
apologize in advance and ask that you send me to the appropriate mailing
list.

I have a BeagleBone cross compile setup (ARM-based board), and I've
successfully used the OE/bitbake process described at OpenEmbedded.org to
setup of a cross compile toolchain, download source, and build an entire
system plus software from scratch.

However, the kernel revision used is several versions ahead of the patch
branch that I want to integrate (3.2.28), as I want to integrate the
Xenomai RTOS extensions which require kernel version 3.2.21.

Is it possible with OE/bitbake to specify an older kernel revision with
accompanying system to build an older kernel and Angstrom distribution?
 Ideally I would like to regress back to the 3.2.21 kernel release and do a
full build of that Angstrom distribution after applying the Xenomai patches
to the 3.2.21 kernel.

Thanks in advance for your help