[bitbake-devel] BitBake & ClearCase

news at christianvolk.net news at christianvolk.net
Tue Nov 13 11:35:09 UTC 2012

Dear bitbake-developer-community,

I just stumbled across a problem and knows of no other advice than to
write to you here:

In my company we have to use bitbake in combination with ClearCase (CC).
Bitbake has some problems with the ClearCase-owned files called
?.copyarea.db?.
Unfortunately, CC adds such a file to each directory which is under
source-control.
The file is read-only and so the task do_unpack fails with the
following error message:

cp: cannot create regular file
`/home/[...]/testability-1.0-r0/./testability_src_gen/.copyarea.db':
Permission Denied

I did not find a solution, but I still hope that there is a way to
tell bitbake to exclude files in the source-code directory from
copying into the work-directory. I?m dreaming about a git-likewise-way
with the .gitignore file.

Thank you for your help in advance!
Sincerely yours
Christian Volk