[bitbake-devel] BitBake & ClearCase

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Nov 13 14:28:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-11-13 at 12:35 +0100, news at christianvolk.net wrote:
> Dear bitbake-developer-community,
>
> I just stumbled across a problem and knows of no other advice than to
> write to you here:
>
> In my company we have to use bitbake in combination with ClearCase (CC).
> Bitbake has some problems with the ClearCase-owned files called
> ?.copyarea.db?.
> Unfortunately, CC adds such a file to each directory which is under
> source-control.
> The file is read-only and so the task do_unpack fails with the
> following error message:
>
> cp: cannot create regular file
> `/home/[...]/testability-1.0-r0/./testability_src_gen/.copyarea.db':
> Permission Denied

I'm a little confused about what the real problem is here. cp should be
able to cope with a file that is marked as read-only. Is this saying the
target already exists and can't be written to? Or is it unable to read
from the source? Is the source locked?

Worst case you can implement a custom "unpack" function for your
clearcase fetcher like git does and in there, exclude the problematic
files.

Cheers,

Richard