[bitbake-devel] Checksum failure encountered with download

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 19:44:41 UTC 2013

Sorry for not noticing this sooner.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> My proposal is to add md5sum of downloaded file to ChecksumError and
> rename it to <file>.<md5sum> in "if isinstance(e, ChecksumError):"

Would it be possible to make this behaviour configurable for those who
might be concerned about disk space? Or perhaps while renaming and
saving it, also move it into the $TMPDIR directory and/or tie this
feature in with rm_work?

I'm just thinking that over time one's DL_DIR could potentially become
rather cluttered with lots of failed downloads. Only some people would
be interested in seeing the failures and the rest would have to remove
them manually. I'm also thinking of the scenario where the DL_DIR is
shared/sync'ed among a group of people/computers; that could add up to
quite a bit of data to share.