[bitbake-devel] Checksum failure encountered with download

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:37:46 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 03:44:41PM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> Sorry for not noticing this sooner.
>
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My proposal is to add md5sum of downloaded file to ChecksumError and
> > rename it to <file>.<md5sum> in "if isinstance(e, ChecksumError):"
>
> Would it be possible to make this behaviour configurable for those who
> might be concerned about disk space? Or perhaps while renaming and
> saving it, also move it into the $TMPDIR directory and/or tie this
> feature in with rm_work?
>
> I'm just thinking that over time one's DL_DIR could potentially become
> rather cluttered with lots of failed downloads. Only some people would
> be interested in seeing the failures and the rest would have to remove
> them manually. I'm also thinking of the scenario where the DL_DIR is
> shared/sync'ed among a group of people/computers; that could add up to
> quite a bit of data to share.

I can make it configurable, but I think that bad-checksums should be
only in few exceptional cases, while package upgrades are common.

That said 90% of my downloads directory are old versions I keep just to
be able to recreate old builds with upstream sources already gone and
now I've one renamed bad-checksum tarball from evas-1.7.6.1...

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com