[bitbake-devel] [OE-core] BitBake changes in the Yocto Project 1.5 cycle

Jason Wessel jason.wessel at windriver.com
Mon Apr 22 17:04:51 UTC 2013

On 04/22/2013 11:51 AM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
>> We'd add in some kind of
>> timeout of say 15 minutes so that it would gracefully exit.
> Hopefully this time-out will start at the completion of the most
> recent bitbake command, rather than from its start?

It would be good if it was configurable.   I don't mind leaving and instance running 8 hours for example, so I pay the price once for the project for the day.  Also we will want a way to query the status of the instance that is running and kill it.  If the instance is periodically checking that its local.conf still exists when it is idle, it can shut itself down if the build directory has been removed.   Obviously these things are all in the "nice to have" camp.

Cheers,
Jason.