[bitbake-devel] task override

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:03:25 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was just wondering if it is possible to define, in a layer, a task
that will override all other such tasks such that only mine runs?

I would like to perform a regular build:

$ bitbake myimg

and in my layer I would like to have:

-- meta-mylayer
    |-- recipes-core
    |   `-- images
    |       `-- myimg
    |            inherit core-image
    |            inherit myclass

    `-- classes
        `-- myclass
            addtask rootfs
            myclass_do_rootfs() {
                echo "rootfs from myclass!"
            }
            EXPORT_FUNCTIONS do_rootfs

such that when the build is run, all tasks are run, and when it comes
time for the "do_rootfs" task, mine is run (which does nothing,
essentially skipping the whole task) and the build continues.

Maybe I'm hitting a state-cache problem (since I'm doing this one
piece at a time, adding a little bit then running "bitbake myimg"
without doing any cleaning)?

As far as I can tell, my additions make no change to the build.
Everything appears to run as it did before (in other words, I can't
even find my "rootfs from myclass!" string anywhere in the logs).

Best regards,
    Trevor