[bitbake-devel] Display mode

Jason Wessel jason.wessel at windriver.com
Wed Jan 23 12:13:55 UTC 2013

On 01/22/2013 04:21 PM, Trung Hoang wrote:
> Ahh yes, Knotty2 rocks!
>
> For those who don't get this by default, i did this..
>
> `bitbake -u knotty2 gumstix-console-image'
>
> I do notice that sometimes the "Running task 3160 of 3162 …" does get buggy.. Instead of updating that line it makes a new line so i end up with…
>
> Running task 3160 of 3162..
> Running task 3161 of 3162..
> Running task 3162 of 3162…
> 0: …

I submitted a pile of fixes to knotty2 around the time it was made the default to fix this problem and a number of others (such as resizing your terminal window while building).  The particular problem you see is caused by not reading the terminal size and computing when lines are going to wrap.   If you are seeing this behavior with the bitbake master branch please send a report.

Jason.