[bitbake-devel] Hello World example for BitBake Manual

William M.A. Traynor wmat at alphatroop.com
Wed May 29 17:28:11 UTC 2013

In researching and trying to work through a Hello World example for
inclusion in the BitBake Manual, I've been able to reproduce the
examples described in the following thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/yocto@yoctoproject.org/msg09347.html

and in the following blog post:
http://hambedded.org/blog/2012/11/24/from-bitbake-hello-world-to-an-image/

Does anyone have sufficient knowledge of each of these examples to
comment whether they're "generic" enough for the manual?  I'm trying
my best to keep content as generic as possible, but it's proving to be
a struggle at times.

Specifically, I'm finding that it's possible to be to generic, and
thereby not adequately demonstrate the power of the tool.

Thanks
Bill