[bitbake-devel] Can't clone password protected git repo

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Mon Apr 14 07:33:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

* Daniel Lazzari <dlazzari at leapfrog.com> [140414 01:19]:
> There's a project we are trying to pull from a private BitBucket repo. I tried
> setting the SRC_URI to something like:
> SRC_URI = "git://user:pass@bitbucket.org/path/project;protocol=https"

> but bitbake hangs waiting for the password. Am I missing something? I'm stuck
> on the ancient bitbake 1.15.2 in case this has been fixed in a later release.

Maybe not the answer you're looking for. When I'm using private repos, I
use ssh keys for authentication, which works without any issues with
bitbake.

If you need a buildserver to access the private repos, I'd guess that
using ssh-agent together with keys with an empty passphrase will be just
as secure as adding the password to the SRC_URI.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander