[bitbake-devel] Can't clone password protected git repo

Daniel Lazzari dlazzari at leapfrog.com
Mon Apr 14 17:39:24 UTC 2014

Thanks Anders! This definitely gets me past the issue I was having and I agree, much nicer than leaving my login credentials in a recipe, so I'm going to go ahead with the ssh solution.

That said, I did some digging late last night and found the cause of the issue in bitbake. It appears that the fetcher does parse the password out of the url, but then doesn't include the password when calling git ls-remote or git clone. I tried out a patch I made against our version of bitbake and it seems to have resolved the issue so that bitbake behaves as expected. I will probably have time to submit a patch against master later today, but I have some questions.

1) Since placing your password in the recipe bleeds the password out into the log files, should bitbake log a warning to the user?

2) Since I'm not using the latest bitbake and I don't have time to set up a machine to use it, would anyone be able to test my patch against master?

Thanks again for the help!
Daniel