[bitbake-devel] AUTOREV with different branches

Christopher Wyse CWyse at accu-time.com
Tue Apr 15 14:48:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'd like to auto-increment my package revision.  I have 'SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}" ', and 'PR_append = "+gitr${SRCPV}" ' set.  This is working fine as long as I stay on a single branch.  However, my SRC_URI has the branch parameter set to branch=${BRANCH}, and BRANCH is set in the environment prior to calling bitbake.  This has resulted in the following issue.

On the develop branch, my package name is:

setup-utility_0.90-r24+gitr9+537d03f5ed3a78caa8148448c8c92053be99010d_armv7a-vfp-neon.ipk

and on the release branch:

setup-utility_0.90-r24+gitr1+db553099700f4b6a5e2db0475957700afe6cbcab_armv7a-vfp-neon.ipk

The release branch had been built most recently.  I want opkg to use the latest package regardless of which branch it was built on, but in this case opkg will use the develop build.

I'm not sure how to correct this.  I see references to LOCALCOUNT and AUTOINC, and it seems like other people have had similar issues, but after reviewing them I'm still not sure of the best solution.

Here's a the relevant snippets from my recipe:

   SRC_URI = "git://gitolite@....com/universal/SetupUtility.git;protocol=ssh;branch=${BRANCH}"
   PV = "0.90"

   SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"

   # Package Revision, Update this whenever you change the recipe.
   PR = "r24"
   PR_append = "+gitr${SRCPV}"

If anyone could provide any help/suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Christopher J. Wyse
Embedded Software Engineer
Accu-Time Systems
420 Somers Road