[bitbake-devel] AUTOREV with different branches

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Apr 17 05:15:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 14:48 +0000, Christopher Wyse wrote:
> I'd like to auto-increment my package revision.  I have 'SRCREV =
> "${AUTOREV}" ', and 'PR_append = "+gitr${SRCPV}" ' set.  This is
> working fine as long as I stay on a single branch.  However, my
> SRC_URI has the branch parameter set to branch=${BRANCH}, and BRANCH
> is set in the environment prior to calling bitbake.  This has resulted
> in the following issue.
>
> On the develop branch, my package name is:
>
> setup-utility_0.90-r24+gitr9
> +537d03f5ed3a78caa8148448c8c92053be99010d_armv7a-vfp-neon.ipk
>
> and on the release branch:
>
> setup-utility_0.90-r24+gitr1
> +db553099700f4b6a5e2db0475957700afe6cbcab_armv7a-vfp-neon.ipk
>
> The release branch had been built most recently.  I want opkg to use
> the latest package regardless of which branch it was built on, but in
> this case opkg will use the develop build.
>
> I'm not sure how to correct this.  I see references to LOCALCOUNT and
> AUTOINC, and it seems like other people have had similar issues, but
> after reviewing them I'm still not sure of the best solution.
>
> Here's a the relevant snippets from my recipe:
>
>    SRC_URI =
> "git://gitolite@....com/universal/SetupUtility.git;protocol=ssh;branch=${BRANCH}"
>    PV = "0.90"
>
>    SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"
>
>    # Package Revision, Update this whenever you change the recipe.
>    PR = "r24"
>    PR_append = "+gitr${SRCPV}"
>
> If anyone could provide any help/suggestions, I would really
> appreciate it.

I suspect the problem here is we're keying the data either in the PR
server or in the fetcher incorrectly. It should be keyed off the PN
value. In reality I suspect branchname and some other info gets used to
key the data and causes this problem. I don't have the time to dig into
this right now but please do file a bug report about this and if you
don't figure it out, we will try and do so in due course.

Cheers,

Richard