[bitbake-devel] about oe-init-build-env: Allow startup with and without memres

Damian, Alexandru alexandru.damian at intel.com
Mon Jan 6 17:18:53 UTC 2014

Thanks for replying.

I think that we're talking about different problems. What is see is:

- source oe-init-build-env and then launch toaster (source toaster start)
in a terminal; this will start a server and set BBSERVER in that terminal
- open a second terminal and source oe-init-build-env;  this will kill the
started server and leave the toaster in an inconsistent state

I'm wondering why we shutdown any bitbake server if the BBSERVER variable
is not set (last 8 lines of oe-init-build-env) ? I'm not sure I get the
reasoning behind this.
Is the idea to source oe-init-build-env after manually setting BBSERVER
variable in the second terminal ?

Alex

--
Alex Damian