[bitbake-devel] can't get xserver-xorg to compile librecord.so

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Feb 16 09:31:49 UTC 2016

On 15 February 2016 at 15:14, RIDET Aurelien <aurelien.ridet at preciamolen.fr>
wrote:

> For x11vnc, I need librecord.so embedded on my image device, but I can’t
> get it in any way. Tried to force –enable-record in EXTRA_OECONF, tried to
> append xserver-xorg-extension-record in IMAGE_INSTALL, tried to upgrade
> xorg-server to 1.18.0, it compile but doesn’t provide the file I need. And
> tried to downgrade to 1.11.2 as it was the last version where lib were
> shipped without particular configuration, but couldn’t compile it (due to
> too much dep).

Note that the bitbake list is for bitbake development, whereas this is a OE
support question so best sent to the yocto@ mailing list.

In general modern xserver doesn't ship external modules but integrates them
directly, so you won't see a specific package but the module will be
integrated into the xserver (also note that record is optional for x11vnc).

Ross