[bitbake-devel] Problem using Subversion in Pyro

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri May 19 09:48:31 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-05-18 at 14:22 +0000, Alan Levy wrote:
> --limit 1 --no-auth-cache ! http://server/path/my_module/ failed with
> exit code 127, output:
> /usr/bin/env: 'svn': No such file or directory
>
> If I comment out the line containing SRCPV, all is well. Digging into
> the code it appears that svn is missing from ${HOSTTOOLS} in
> bitbake.conf.

I can understand how we end up in this situation.

In general, subversion-native is built before the recipe's do_fetch so
things work.

When you use SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}", it needs subversion at parse time
and its obviously not built it. You therefore need to use the host
version. You can enable that with:

HOSTTOOLS_append = " svn"

in your config. I'm not sure I see any way around that. We don't really
want to require subversion in general, its only needed if you're using
autorev svn recipes.

Obviously we could do with improving the failure messages though...

Cheers,

Richard