[bitbake-devel] commit 6c3281a14 / set_context broken?

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Aug 16 08:57:29 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-08-16 at 10:40 +0200, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
> On 2018-07-10 11:31, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
> > AFAICT, set_context in lib/bb/utils.py doesn't actually set the
> > module-global _context variable, but just assigns to function-local
> > variable by the same name. Hence it is effectively a no-op.
> >
> > The python fix would be to add a "global _context" declaration, but
> > since things have apparently worked for 5 years, perhaps one can
> > simply
> > delete set_context and remove the calls?
>
> Ping.

I just had a quick look at the code and you're right, there is a bug
there. It might explain some of the issues with memory resident bitbake
and things not being quite reset properly at times. With it just
covering os/bb/time, it probably isn't a huge deal but I'd prefer to
fix the code as the API is meant to be generic.

Cheers,

Richard