[bitbake-devel] mistake in chapter 2.1

Slaev, Ivan Ivan.Slaev at harman.com
Fri Aug 17 11:55:51 UTC 2018

Dear bitbake-devel (community) :),

While I was reading the 2.1 chapter of bitbake manual, I thing I found a mistake in:

The layer.conf files are used to construct key variables such as BBPATH<https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#var-BBPATH> and BBFILES<https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#var-BBFILES>. BBPATH is used to search for configuration and class files under the conf and classes directories, respectively. BBFILES is used to locate both recipe and recipe append files (.bb and .bbappend). If there is no bblayers.conf file, it is assumed the user has set the BBPATH and BBFILES directly in the environment.

In my opinion the last sentence should be: If there is no layer.conf file, it is assumed the user has set the BBPATH and BBFILES directly in the environment.

Please check my statement as I could be wrong about it.

Kind regards!

Ivan Slaev