[bitbake-devel] exception in checksum.py

Arno Baumfalk a.baumfalk at astro-kom.de
Mon Feb 19 09:46:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'd like to add two more things:

1) For all recipes which use the custom gitsmlocal fetcher AND have at
least one additional local file in the SOURCE_URI, such as:
SRC_URI = "gitsmlocal://foo \
file://file1 \
file://file2 \
file://file3"
a warning is issued for each of the local files:
/path/to/recipe/foo/foo_1.0.bb: Unable to get checksum for foo SRC_URI
entry foo_file: file1 could not be found
/path/to/recipe/foo/foo_1.0.bb: Unable to get checksum for foo SRC_URI
entry foo_file: file2 could not be found
/path/to/recipe/foo/foo_1.0.bb: Unable to get checksum for foo SRC_URI
entry foo_file: file3 could not be found

 From debugging the code I figured, that bitbake seems to expect this
file in the yocto-download cache, but it is not there. Instead, I found
file1.done, file2.done and file3.done in the download cache.

I am not sure if this is somehow related to the original problem, but I
thought I should mention it here just in case.

2) I tried to debug the bitbake run using the python debugger. I
debugged on the krogroth branch, where described problem occured for the
first time. I was analyzing the difference between the git fetcher and
my custom fetcher. What I found was, that my fetcher was not properly
initialized (urldata_init was not called) until the exception was thrown
while the git fetcher was.
I tried to find out where the init call came from and found, that for
the git fetcher the function "get_srcrev" was called, while for my
custom fetcher it was not. This is where a Fetch object is initilalized
which in turn calls the urldata_init function.
Maybe this helps to find the root cause of my problem?

Arno