[bitbake-devel] exception in checksum.py

Dr. Arno Baumfalk a.baumfalk at astro-kom.de
Mon Feb 19 14:48:24 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I made some small progress - I found a piece of code in base.bbclass,
which seems responsible for activation of the srcrev mechanism for the
git fetcher, so I added my custom gitsmlocal fetcher here, too:

# Git packages should DEPEND on git-native
elif scheme in ("git", "gitsm", "gitsmlocal"):
     needsrcrev = True
     d.appendVarFlag('do_fetch', 'depends', '
git-native:do_populate_sysroot')

It seems that ${SRCPV} is no longer left unexpanded now, but instead the
expansion fails with the following error:

ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /path/to/recipe/foo.bb: Failure
expanding variable SRCPV, expression was ${@bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d)}
which triggered exception NameError: global name 'data' is not defined

I hope I am on the right track now - any help still appreciated!

Arno