[bitbake-devel] exception in checksum.py

Dr. Arno Baumfalk a.baumfalk at astro-kom.de
Thu Feb 22 08:13:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

just for reference: I have split my migration problem into smaller steps
and solved the reported error, which occured during migration from
jethro to krogoth.

The point was, that I had to add my custom gitsmlocal fetcher to a list
of git fetchers (git and gitsm) in base.bbclass, where "needsrcrev" is
set. This was a bit surprising for me, for I thought that returning
"True" on supports_srcrev in the fetcher code should suffice, but maybe
I missed something here.

Anyhow, I successfully migrated to morty and now I am working on pyro,
where I found a problem with a crashing Cooker, which seems to run int
an endless recursion - I might come back to this in another thread.

One final question: I was looking for some description of the fetcher
interface, but could not find anything. This would help a lot, as for
now I can only do try-and-error and analyse the other fetchers; could
someone provide my with some hints here (anything appreciated, no matter
if incomplete or outdated)?

Arno