[bitbake-devel] LAYERSERIES_CORENAMES empty

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Nov 16 15:59:38 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-11-15 at 17:53 +0300, Ilya Kondrashkin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Currently I’m experiencing issue with LAYERSERIES_COMPAT variable.
> I have “sumo” revision of poky and layer with LAYERSERIES_COMPAT set
> to “rocko sumo”. Every bitbake call gets failed due to layer
> incompatibility.
>
> After adding some debug lines to bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py I found
> out that LAYERSERIES_CORENAMES is empty. Checked layer.conf of
> poky/meta - LAYERSERIES_CORENAMES is set to “core”.

In master and the thud branch it appears to be set to "thud", are you
sure its set to "core"? That doesn't make much sense.

> Did you see such issue before? Is there any known solution to escape
> from this? I cannot find any references over the internet.

I suspect we changed to the new series and your layer isn't marked as
compatible. Why you're not getting a sensible error message saying that
I'm not sure though.

Cheers,

Richard