[bitbake-devel] Copying the files to sysroot

Awais Belal awais_belal at mentor.com
Mon Nov 26 11:52:10 UTC 2018

Hi Ugesh,

 >> 1. I want to copy the header includes to sysroot/usr/include/component

Simply install the header files to ${D}${includedir}/component at the
end of your 1st recipe's do_install.

e.g.

mkdir -p ${D}${includedir}/component

install -m 0644 <HEADER_LOCATION>/<header>.h ${D}${includedir}/component/

 >> 2. Another recipe shall be able to refer the header from
sysroot/usr/include/component

Add your 1st recipe's package name in the DEPENDS of the recipe where
you want to utilize these headers.

BR,
Awais