[bitbake-devel] Run bitbake with progress bar in terminal (Ubuntu 16.04)

Salaheldin Ahmed salahuddinash at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:48:11 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm new to bitbake and Yocto Project. I tried to run bitbake to create one
image but it takes too long (around 3 hours till not and yet not finished).
I thought having a progress bar to see how much of the process is finished
is a very useful thing.
I found a couple of links where such progress bar is implemented but never
described how to use it for a newbie. Here is one of these links
https://github.com/openembedded/bitbake/blob/master/lib/progressbar/progressbar.py
As far as I saw (by running bitbake -h), there is no option to run bitbake
with progress bar.
Could someone tell me how to run bitbake with progress bar enabled in
terminal?

Thanks