[bitbake-devel] Run bitbake with progress bar in terminal (Ubuntu 16.04)

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Tue Sep 4 16:43:58 UTC 2018

Bitbake already has very good support for displaying progress bars when building in a terminal (and uses it by default). You need to provide more information about what you have and what you are building:

  *   What image are you building?
  *   Exact bitbake command you use?
  *   Are you using Poky, or some other distribution of layers?
  *   What version? E.g., the latest release of Poky is referred to as Sumo (specifically 19.0.1). It is also referred to as the Yocto Project 2.5.1 release.
  *   What layers are you using?

Oh, and the first build of an image can easily take many hours, all depending on how much is included in the image and of course the speed of the build host. But there should definitely be progress information during the build…

//Peter