[bitbake-devel] Bitbake exception when recipe path contains a blank

Konrad Weihmann kweihmann at outlook.com
Sun Dec 22 14:29:39 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I experienced a strange issue recently - currently I'm using bitbake
1.44.0 as it comes with Yocto:zeus-release, but it really doesn't
matter, as the underlying code didn't change within the last few years.

I created a recipe (nothing special, just some files and some compiler
instructions).
Important is that SRC_URI contains at least one file://-entry.

When I tried to run the recipe build crashed with the following exception

   File "/build/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/checksum.py", line 103, in
FileChecksumCache.get_checksums(filelist='/build/meta-something/test-recipe
/test-recipe/mydistro/a.file:False ', pn='test-recipe'):

              for pth in filelist.split():
     >            exist = pth.split(":")[1]
                  if exist == "False":
IndexError: list index out of range

A look at the filelist argument shows a strange first item (missing ':').

After some debugging it went done to that the path to the recipe was

"/build/meta-something /test-recipe" instead of
"/build/meta-something/test-recipe".

After removing the blank in the path, everything went well.

Maybe that's one for the initial parsing to issue a warning, that the
path to a recipe is corrupted.

Does anyone encountered that before? Any thoughts on how and where to
fix this?

Regards

Konrad