[bitbake-devel] Bitbake exception when recipe path contains a blank

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Dec 22 18:53:05 UTC 2019

It's a known issue, spaces are not allowed in path names.

There should already be checks without OE for this, but I'm guessing that this
is firing before those checks (or those checks are incomplete.)

I believe this is in sanity.bbclass, "chcek_sanity_everybuild" function, about
line 837 in the current master.

The check appears to only be scanning 'oeroot'.  Perhaps a new check for the
layers either inside of the sanity (if it's run early enough) or in bitbake
itself is needed.

Note, the big below should likely get fixed.  Any time the system throws an
exception like this, I'd consider it a bug.

--Mark