[bitbake-devel] devtool hardcodes using 'git' patchtool which causes errors

Adrian Ambrożewicz adrian.ambrozewicz at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 22 15:49:25 UTC 2020

It looks like git:// fetcher option 'subpath' might be good alternative
designed to address those kind of issues.

Setting:
SRC_URI = '[repopath];subpath=project_dir'
S = '${WORKDIR}/project_dir'
works exactly the same as my previous approach when it comes to 'bitbake
-c patch [project]'

Unfortunately it looks like devtool ignores that param and clones whole
repository structure. I'll try fiddling around to implement that support
in devtool.