[bitbake-devel] devtool hardcodes using 'git' patchtool which causes errors

Adrian Ambrożewicz adrian.ambrozewicz at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 23 10:02:45 UTC 2020

I've tried yet another approach, leveraging that this project is built
using cmake and it worked! I know it's not a generic fix, but it looks
like in bitbake nothing is really generic...

Instead of having project set like this:
SRC_URI = '[path_to_repo]'
S = '${WORKDIR}/git/project_dir'

I've set it like this:
SRC_URI = "[path_to_repo]"
S = "${WORKDIR}/git"
OECMAKE_SOURCEPATH = "${S}/virtual-media"

In that way both quilt and git patcher uses proper 'S' directory, while
Cmake perform compilation from desired subdirectory.

I just hope I won't stumble into this kind of problem with another build
system :)

Thanks a lot for your input, it lead me to correct track.

Regards,
Adrian