[OE-core] new feature? (for "DL_DIR")

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Aug 26 08:38:03 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-25 20:47, Ni Qingliang wrote:
> I found that: for every vcs (e.g. git) package, except a directory in
> "git" or "git2", there is another file "*.tar.gz" in the downloads dir.
>
> but for my own package, e.g linux 2.6.35 for i.mx28, only the directory
> under "git2", I can't found the tar.gz file in downloads, why?
>
> On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 10:27 +0800, 倪庆亮 wrote:
>> thanks again, I have setup an internal package server (http), and the
>> client can use it in poky.
>>
>> but I have another problem for git svn( for the .gz .bz2 package, no
>> problem), the source code of the packages using git/svn/hg are
>> directories in the server, does the client can use it???
>>
>> On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 15:56 +0800, 倪庆亮 wrote:
>>> Do we can assign all package be downloaded from the same path?
>>>
>>> I want setup one internal server to store the files in upstreamsources,
>>> and all developer's PC use it but not the original package address.

Set this in your .conf
   BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS ?= "1"

When you use 'own-mirrors', you'll end up with a "downloads" directory
in your build tree.  This will include symbolic links to files already
found in your cache, as well as any files newly downloaded during a
build.  You probably want to push out the new files to your cache from
this downloads directory.