[OE-core] Coordinating inter-layer dependencies

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Dec 1 14:33:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 01:02:38PM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-12-01 at 10:59 -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> > On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:37, Richard Purdie
>> > <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>> >         On Thu, 2011-12-01 at 13:24 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
>> >         > A while back I've proposed to make .bbappend without
>> >         corresponding .bb
>> >         > only big fat warning, but not fatal to parse. Now you cannot
>> >         even build
>> >         > eglibc if there is libdrm bbappend you don't care at all
>> >         about..
>> >

>> >         You can do this by setting:
>> >
>> >         BB_DANGLINGAPPENDS_WARNONLY
>
> Good to know, thanks.
>
>> > This is even worse; you end up with a package without the changes done
>> > on the bbappend and as most bbappend files do not change PR, adding it
>> > later won't force a package update.

People use bbappends without changing PR? I've been doing a PR .= ".1"
or whatever in every bbappend I've created since they were added to
bitbake, and used to do the same with amend.inc. It can result in some
long PR values, but I'd rather that than the alternative..
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com