[OE-core] Change in "openembedded-core/meta/files/common-licenses/LGPL-2.0" breaks opie-image

Ulf Samuelsson openembedded-core at emagii.com
Fri Dec 9 10:30:40 UTC 2011

On 2011-12-09 11:24, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Friday 09 December 2011 11:09:25 Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>> NOTE: package libopie2-1.2.5-r16.0: task do_configure: Started
>> ERROR: libopie2: md5 data is not matching for
>> file:///home/ulf/projects/OE_2011-12-08/sources/openembedded-core/meta/files
>> /common-licenses/LGPL-2.0;md5=03f2b9deed35802bc1aae2ae3dc6d9ed ERROR:
>> libopie2: The new md5 checksum is 9427b8ccf5cf3df47c29110424c9641a ERROR:
>> libopie2: Check if the license information has changed in
>> ERROR: Licensing Error: LIC_FILES_CHKSUM does not match, please fix
> Argh. I guess this is one reason why pointing to those files in your recipes is
> not a good idea. FYI I basically bypassed LIC_FILES_CHKSUM in meta-opie
> because the opie-* recipes build parts of a single source tree and not all of
> those split parts contains a license file. For 1.2.6 I plan to make the
> splitting script add a license file where it is not present and once the
> recipes are updated this will never be a problem again.
>
> For now I guess we will have to correct the checksums :/ I will try to do this
> soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

I think someone needs to sit down and do this in a structured manner.
A number of license files were modified.
For each file, the old checksum needs to be searched for in the tree,
and the license modified.

A grep for "LICENSE =" should reveal offending recipes with "<recipe1>
&& <recipe2>"
or "<recipe1>/<recipe2>" etc.

At the moment, OE-core seems totally broken.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson