[OE-core] Change in "openembedded-core/meta/files/common-licenses/LGPL-2.0" breaks opie-image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Dec 9 10:40:35 UTC 2011

On Friday 09 December 2011 11:30:40 Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> I think someone needs to sit down and do this in a structured manner.
> A number of license files were modified.
> For each file, the old checksum needs to be searched for in the tree,
> and the license modified.

In case it wasn't clear I'm actually doing something which is not recommended
in meta-opie since it provides none of the protection of LIC_FILES_CHKSUM and
no small amount of fragility, as we have discovered. Nobody should really be
doing this if they can possibly avoid it, and if they are then they shouldn't
be too surprised when things break.

FWIW, none of the recipes in OE-core itself (nor meta-oe for that matter)
refer to files in the common license directory - I just checked.

> A grep for "LICENSE =" should reveal offending recipes with "<recipe1>
> && <recipe2>"
> or "<recipe1>/<recipe2>" etc.

This is a separate issue.

Cheers,