[OE-core] dbus-native --with-x

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Wed Jun 1 16:03:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 17:01 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> Is there any compelling reason why dbus-native needs to be built
> --with-x?  This seems to be causing quite a large stack of native X11
> packages to get built with, as far as I can tell, no useful result.

Oh, on the subject of out-of-control dependency chains, my other pet
bugbear at the moment is rpm-native:

"rpm-native" -> "bzip2-native"
"rpm-native" -> "db-native"
"rpm-native" -> "perl-native"
"rpm-native" -> "openssl-native"
"rpm-native" -> "expat-native"
"rpm-native" -> "autoconf-native"
"rpm-native" -> "automake-native"
"rpm-native" -> "libtool-native"
"rpm-native" -> "gnu-config-native"
"rpm-native" -> "gettext-native"
"rpm-native" -> "python-native"
"rpm-native" -> "acl-native"
"rpm-native" -> "elfutils-native"
"rpm-native" -> "libpcre-native"
"rpm-native" -> "zlib-native"
"rpm-native" -> "popt-native"
"rpm-native" -> "attr-native"

As far as I can tell, the native rpm is never being used in any way
which requires it to have openssl, and I suspect the same is probably
true for some of the other libs above.  Does anybody happen to know what
features rpm-native actually requires for correct operation?

p.